Telehealth – online video & phone consultations
How can I get help for my pain or injury if I can’t make it to a physiotherapist?
Even when a face-to face physiotherapy consultation is not possible, there is still much we can do to help you with you pain, injury or disability. Online physiotherapy has been proven to be as effective, if not better than in-person care.
At Physiotec, we provide online or phone consultations as necessary. We recommend a video consultation initially if you are new to our clinic.
Phone consultations may be suitable for answering simple questions and providing advice and education.
Video consultations are ideal for physical assessments and exercise prescription, where we need to see you.
Our video consultations are provided via a dedicated Telehealth platform called Coviu. This platform allows us to provide high quality care:
- with no patient sign ups required
- with maximum security and privacy
- with a minimum of difficulty – simply click a link in the email we send you to join us online
(We are also able to provide consultations via Zoom or skype if you prefer)
Exercise Prescription through a World-Class App or an Individualised pdf
Exercise is the cornerstone to recovery for most musculoskeletal conditions. Exercise also has many general health benefits and can improve your immune system and reduce stress. For recovery from pain or injury, a tailored program of exercise designed by a skilled physiotherapist is likely to be far more effective than a generic program posted on the internet those without health professional qualifications.
At Physiotec, we have been using Physitrack App-based exercise prescription for a number of years and have professionally videoed hundreds of our own exercises, to ensure we are able to provide the exercises we have found to be most effective. The Physitrack App (PhysiApp) is free to download. We simply email you a link to download the App or visit a web-portal, and your individual code to access your program. You will be able to:
- View videos with audio and text descriptions of each of your exercises
- Record when you complete your exercises, noting any discomfort and level of difficulty
- Ask questions or provide feedback to your physiotherapist through the In-App messaging service
- Access your program via your mobile device, laptop or desktop
If you would prefer a simple pdf, we can also export your program from PhysiApp, and provide you with high quality exercise sheets with photos of your exercises and text descriptions.
Advice & Education – Key to Success
To achieve maximum success in any recovery management plan, specific advice and education is critical. Often just being good with your exercise program is not enough for full or long-lasting recovery. Understanding your condition is key to overcoming it. Our physiotherapists will explain what is likely to be underlying your condition and what you can do to speed your recovery. There are often actions or activities that you perform in everyday life or your regular sport or recreation that may be aggravating or causing your symptoms. Our skilled physiotherapists at Physiotec will explore possible causes or aggravating factors in your life and provide targeted and effective advice about how to avoid or change these things. The beauty of a Telehealth consultation from your own home, is that you may be able to show your physiotherapist the exact actions or positions you use regularly.
What about my hands-on-treatment?
Hands-on treatments provided by a physiotherapist can certainly provide some immediate pain relief in many situations. However, if you are in pain and are unable to attend a face-to-face consultation, there are things that you can do at home under the e-guidance of your physiotherapist:
- Self-massage – you can use a trigger/massage ball (or a tennis ball), foam roller or an electric massager – all available through Physiotec. During your Telehealth session, your physiotherapist can instruct you regarding how to get the best results
- Heat or Ice – we generally recommend ice for the first 48hrs after an acute injury and then heat (hotpack or hotwater bottle), but you can continue to use ice if this is most relieving for you
- TENS – You may have a TENS machine or Compex unit available, which can be used for pain reliefThere are usually specific exercise that can be used to provide immediate pain relief – your physiotherapist will indicate which exercises to prioritise when you need some pain relief
WE CAN POST OR CONTACTLESS DELIVER* YOUR SELF-MANAGEMENT TOOLS
*Free delivery available to all metropolitan Brisbane areas. Contact us for purchase & freight prices.
How do I book?
You can book in just the same way as you book a face-to-face consultation. Simply call us on 07 33424284, or email [email protected]