THE STANDARD SET OF STEPS TO CONSIDER WHEN MAKING A CTP CLAIM AT PHYSIOTEC ARE:
- The patient will need a medical certificate from their GP and a referral letter stating that they need physiotherapy treatment
- The patient will need to contact the CTP insurer of the “at fault” party and notify them of the claim. If the patient is unsure of the insurer, they can contact the Motor Accident Insurance Commission (MAIC) for help with this.
- The patient will also need to complete any forms requested my the insurance company like the standard NAC Form seen here https://s3.maic.qld.gov.au/files/45614-Notice-of-Accident-Claim-Form-Non-fatal-Injury-Update-2017.pdf and also provide them with PhysioTec’ details, as they will likely send a treatment plan to PhysioTec to complete & will liaise with the treating physio during the treatment process.
- The patient can either wait until the insurance company has contacted them with a letter stating that the initial treatment has been approved or they can make an appointment to start the treatment prior to this, pay for treatment themselves and claim this back at a later date once approval has been obtained.
- PhysioTec will deal directly with the CTP insurer once approval has been given for the treatments, so please ensure that all correspondence from the GP and the CTP insurer is given to our reception staff at PhysioTec as soon as it becomes available.
Join Our Mailing List
Sign up to our monthly newsletter and RECEIVE EXCLUSIVE HEALTH TIPS DIRECTLY IN YOUR INBOX EACH MONTH!