Have you been struggling with hip, groin, buttock or pelvic pain and not been able to find the right help? Are you looking for an expert advice about what to do next about your hip condition? You've found the right place at Physiotec - your choice for hip physiotherapy in Brisbane.
HIP PHYSIOTHERAPY SERVICES
Dr Alison Grimaldi and her team at PhysioTec have provided services for large numbers of clients with hip, groin and buttock pain for over 17 years in Tarragindi. Management of these conditions is an area of special interest and expertise for our clinic. This is due to Alison’s passion, research and high level of skills in managing these problems. Alison has over 30 years of clinical experience and a number of higher degrees. She has published many peer reviewed papers in scientific journals and continues her research interests in this area as a Senior Adjunct Research Fellow at the University of Queensland. All PhysioTec physiotherapy staff have been trained by Dr Grimaldi. They have high levels of skills to treat the large number of clients who visit PhysioTec with hip, pelvic and groin pain.
WHAT MAKES OUR HIP PHYSIOTHERAPY SERVICES DIFFERENT?
- Developed by Dr Alison Grimaldi, based on latest evidence and over 30 years of physiotherapy experience
- Specific outcome measures are used to give you a clear indication of where you are now and where you need to go for recovery
- Specific advice is provided on what to do and what to avoid, based on a better understanding of hip, groin and buttock pain conditions
- An exercise program tailored to your individual needs to speed and optimise your outcome
- Our own professionally recorded exercise videos available via a free app, PhysiApp
- Remote access services – check ups via Telehealth if required and regular feedback available via PhysiApp.
OUR HIP PAIN ASSESSMENT APPROACH
At Physiotec we use a systematic assessment procedure, informed by scientific evidence. This means we look closely not only at your current problems but also at underlying or contributing issues. These may include factors such as:
- unresolved restrictions or weaknesses from previous injuries
- natural bony shape
- postural and movement habits
- work tasks and set up
- repetitive everyday activities
- athletic training routine
- sporting technique
- sporting equipment/set up
- general conditioning
- recovery and sleep routines
From this detailed assessment, we can develop a tailored management plan for you. So often patients who have failed previous rehabilitation have been provided a generic ‘one size fits all’ program. Furthermore, many programs fail to consider the complexities of muscle function. Often strength alone is considered. Although important, there are many other factors that will not be addressed with a general strength-only approach.
OUR HIP PAIN TREATMENT APPROACH
At Physiotec, we design our programmes that to achieve best outcomes for each individual with hip, groin and buttock pain. Our programmes are:
- individualised to address each person’s specific issues (e.g. particular areas of weakness, certain postural or movement habits, reduced or excessive flexibility)
- flexible to work within your needs and time or finance restrictions
- based on the latest research evidence
- informed by a wealth of clinical experience in this field
- designed by Dr Alison Grimaldi, expert physiotherapist, researcher and educator.
We would love to help you with your hip pain. You've suffered enough! Time to move on and get your condition under control so that you can get back to doing the things you need to do, and even more importantly, to the things you love to do!
HOW TO GET STARTED
Time to get your hip, groin or buttock pain under control, and reclaim the life you love?
Ring today for your Assessment with any of our highly qualified staff on 3342 4284
Or email [email protected]
COMMON HIP CONDITIONS OUR PHYSIOTHERAPISTS TREAT
HIP AND PELVIC JOINT RELATED PAIN OR INJURY
- Femoracetabular Impingement Syndrome (FAIS) - hip impingement
- Acetabular Dysplasia - hip Dysplasia
- Hip instability or microinstability
- Acetabular labral tears - hip labral tears
- Ligament injuries including ligamentum teres tears
- Cartilage injury or degeneration
- Hip osteoarthritis
- Sacroiliac joint pain
- Pubic pain
HIP NERVE RELATED PAIN OR INJURY
- Piriformis syndrome, deep gluteal syndrome, hip related sciatica - sciatic nerve symptoms from irritation of the nerve in the buttock
- Meralgia paraesthetica - pain or injury of the lateral femoral cutaneous nerve
- Pain related to many of the other smaller nerves around the hip and pelvis, usually associated with entrapment or direct trauma
HIP TENDON RELATED PAIN OR INJURY
- Gluteal tendinopathy, trochanteric bursitis (hip bursitis), greater trochanteric pain syndrome (GTPS)
- Proximal hamstring tendinopathy, hamstring tendon pain or tear (at sitting bone), hamstring avulsion - rupture
- Iliopsoas tendon problems - snapping hip, iliopsoas tendon impingement after hip replacement
- Tensor Fascia Lata Tendinopathy
- Lateral or external snapping hip
HIP MUSCLE RELATED PAIN OR INJURY
- Muscle strains or tears - Gluteals, hip flexors, hamstring and rectus femoris, adductors (groin strain)
- Ischiofemoral impingement - impingement of the quadratus femoris - a deep hip rotator in the lower buttock
- Muscle weakness or overactivity - common within the gluteals and hip flexors
- Adductor related groin pain
- Iliopsoas related groin pain
- Pubic related groin pain
- Inguinal related groin pain
Join Our Mailing List
Sign up to our monthly newsletter and RECEIVE EXCLUSIVE HEALTH TIPS DIRECTLY IN YOUR INBOX EACH MONTH!